Hey YAS babes,
I know how exhausting it can be to shop online from the brand you love and not be able to find the perfect match to your foundation!
Many of you have asked how to match the foundation to your skin tone.. Thanks to beautylish.com I have some info to share with you.
Take a look at the chart below for cool, neutral and warm undertones.
Those with cool undertones will notice their skin has a pink, red, or blue tinge to it.
You have a “cool” undertone if:
• If the veins on your wrist are blue or purple
• If silver jewelry flatters your skin more than gold
• When you look at your skin in the sun, it appears blue-ish
If you have neutral undertones, your skin is neither pink/red/blue nor yellow/gold/peach, but somewhere in between.
You have a “neutral” undertone if:
• The veins on your wrist are blue-green
• Both gold and silver jewelry flatter your skin
• When you look at your skin in the sun, it appears greenish
Those with warm undertones will notice their skin has a yellow, gold, or peach tinge to it.
You have a “warm” undertone if:
• The veins on your wrist are slightly green or olive
• Gold jewelry flatters your skin more than silver
• When you look at your skin in the sun, it appears yellowish
Here are a few tips when using foundation from YAS
1: Prep Skin First
Before you do anything, prepare your skin for the wear of foundation. Our foundation sticks are medium to full coverage range. Be sure to prep your skin with a face oil, primer or skin moisturizer. This step keeps your natural skin nice and healthy but also makes for a longer wear of foundation.
2: Test in Good Lighting
Turn on the light and check your veins on the inside of your wrist to determine your undertone. Then try out the foundation of your choice to check for a match. Make sure you test your foundation in good lighting. It's always a good idea to first test it out in one location, and then go somewhere else with different lighting to see if it still matches.
3.Setting your foundation
Be sure to use a setting spray or powder to set your foundation. Our foundation sticks a very creamy which is a plus for the coverage you may need. For the optimal wear you can use both powder and setting spray when apply foundation from YAS.